Monday, April 6, 2009

Abnormal Canvas Growth

Abnormal Canvas Growth was my honours year thesis project for my Bachelors of Fine Art at Queens University.

I created an ecosystem on the canvas. A balance of life on the decay of the canvas. The environment, a place created by the simple sum of its parts. I created 20 types of growths. Each I created as it would grow on its own agenda, big or small, simple or complex creating a lush landscape on, through and around the fabric of the canvas. I illustrated and described the tendencies of these 20 growths in A Guide to Abnormal Canvas Growth.

Above are some illustrations from A Guide to Abnormal Canvas Growth, below are photos from the exhibition.


1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! Wicked idea, and really skillful execution. Gnarly...!

    ReplyDelete